Friday, June 1, 2007

What I Did When the Chenille Wormed

In addition to throwing myself into the 3rd blanket panel, I went right to work on a Color Horoscope Weaving birthday commission (although I have another whole week before it is due).

I used 20/2 cotton tripled and sett at 24 epi.

It is quite relaxing to weave horoscopes.

I recently received an email from a soon to be student. She was trying to figure out from pictures exactly how I create Color Horoscope Weaving and said she was beginning to see how I used this technique to add interest to the tabby weaving.

It’s funny I have never looked at weaving this way. For me it is that tabby weaving holds together all of my weaving techniques.

4 comments:

Laritza said...

So when you say tripled does that mean that you actually have 360 x 3 ends? and 3 threads are one end?

Bonnie said...

Yes, 3 threads are one end. I don't exactly know how I came up with this, but it does increase the color blending possibilities. It also gives you a painless way to work with finer threads.

Christine said...

That's a whole lot of swaying in front of the warping board! I'm still jealous of your flawless selvages.

c u r i o u s w e a v e r said...

Bonnie your weaving and ideas are soo inspirational. I think,I've recently become toned down and boring in my colours and I don't know why? Perhaps because I'm concentrating too hard on structures at the moment. OK back to plain weave joy. You're encouraging me to get back in there.