Friday, June 15, 2007

Big Commission--Chapter 5

I just cut off panel 3 (center panel)! I had to hang it right up. It has a lighter look than the first two, so I decided to put it in the center for now.

In case you are just tuning in, each panel is 20" wide and will become a blanket 90"x 100". The warp is ikat dyed bamboo, and the weft is un-knitted cashmere sweaters.

In addition to the goal of using recycled cashmere, my plan is to design the blanket without writing anything down. I don't know exactly what I am going to do next, so I will let the panels hang there for a while and wait until they tell me what to do next.

The next time the sun comes out, I will find a place outside where I can stretch out the whole length of each panel to see the entire piece. I hope I like what I see.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I will be dyeing some 8/2 cotton.

No comments: