Saturday, December 8, 2007

Slowly Returning

Finally I made it back into the studio and started winding a warp. This is a section of a horoscope warp in Bambu 7.

Here is some new Bambu 12 for a challenging project. My client wants a horoscope weaving but doesn't want to use the usual rainbow palette. I let her select her 12 favorite colors from the Bambu 12 color card. The 2 narrow cones on the left are the only 2 colors I already had in my stash.

I have been telling my students that it really doesn't matter which 12 colors one uses for the Color Horoscope Weaving, so now I have an opportunity to see if this is really true. Since my client wants to have this weaving before Christmas, I don't have time to ponder the best color arrangement. Normally I would let the yarn sit around for at least a week. This gives the yarn a chance to discuss what it wants to do.


Tomorrow I will have warp chains to show you.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Excellent! I love these colors. And just to let you know I opted for the generic woven name labels from NameMaker.com and they showed up this week.

:)
Christine

Terri said...

Hi Bonnie! Can't wait to see what becomes of those lovely spools of Bambu.