Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Metaphysical Weaving

I don't know if this is really what to call it, but sometimes in life one weaves together people and events. You can't see a loom or threads, but you just know weaving is happening.

I have to believe this because I haven't been able to enter my weaving studio since I got back home. The practice of weaving everyday seems like it belonged to somebody else.

I used to become quite nervous and anxious when I would fall out of weaving, but in time I came to realize I would fall back in: WHEN YOU'RE HOT YOU'RE HOT AND WHEN YOU'RE NOT YOU'RE NOT.

I am chipping away at the 550 emails in my inbox though. If you are one of those people waiting to hear back from me, I'm getting there. Here is a wonderful link I excavated from the file sent to me by my dear friend Roberta. Do you know about the 13 Grandmothers? Talk about weaving in another dimension...

3 comments:

Laritza said...

What a wonderful link! Do you know anything else about them? I saw the Mexican woman but none from South America even though they said one was there.

Bonnie said...

Here are a couple more links that have more information.
http://www.grandmotherscouncil.com/

http://www.forthenext7generations.com/

Peg in South Carolina said...

There is always so much to do when I get back from a trip. It is quite maddening. Weaving is a lot more than just sitting at the loom.