Sunday, December 30, 2007

Looking Back

I had a perfectly wonderful trip to California! The picture above is the part of Christmas dinner in which I participated. Roasted Vegetable Medley is what I call it, and the veggies are about to go into the oven. I will be happy to share the recipe if anyone is interested.

The entire trip seemed to revolve around food and not around weaving at all.

OK, more food! Here is the outside of Cafe Gratitude in Berkeley. I loved the food there AND the weaverly fence out front! Actually Cafe Gratitude is a lot more than just a restaurant. I ended up eating there 3 times, twice in one of their San Francisco restaurants. I wish they had one in Seattle. I'd eat there every day.


I spent a couple of days visiting with my step brother, Mark whose hobby is making chocolate confections. He is a famous landlord in Berkeley and gives chocolate to all of his tenants. Consequently he never has to put an ad in the paper and has a waiting list of people who want to rest his apartments.


Here is the Free Store! Don't you just want to move to Berkeley? Mark gave me so much chocolate I couldn't fit it all into my luggage. I shudder to think what will happen at my next Weight Watchers meeting.

Tomorrow I will be Looking Forward....
The vacation gave me lots to think about. I have already started dressing the loom. My goal is to have both looms ready to weave by the stroke of midnight on the 31st.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Happy Holidays! The veggies look delicious!

I have been plotting and planning 2008's weaving schedule. I think I only wove three or four projects in 2007 -- very weak. In 2008 I'm aiming for one a month.

Good luck weaving the New Year in!

Valerie said...

I'd like the veggie recipe, please. It looks yummy!
And the chocolate landlord....wow, what a stepbrother to have!
Happy New Year!

Bonnie said...

Hi Valerie,
Here is the recipe:
Select your favorite vegetables. I find the hardest part is I tend to make too much. It takes longer to cook. Preheat the oven to 425. Use a pan with sides. Either use olive oil spray in the pan or a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Cut veggies into interesting shapes. Cut carrots, beets, potatoes into small pieces, so they will cook. You probably don't see the garlic, fennel, onion, and leeks in the picture, but they are there. Mix together 2 T each of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Braggs Liquid Aminos and pour over veggies and toss. Arrange veggies in pan and cook for 12 minutes. Take out of oven and stir. Put back for another 12. Take out and stir again. Repeat for another 12. By this time, the veggies are usually done (but if they aren't go for another 12). Let me know if you have any questions.