Friday, January 14, 2011

A Towel Exchange to Start the New Year


I don't know how many remember my ongoing Towel Exchange---it goes like this: You send me a towel of your own creation, and I will send you a towel of mine. Imagine my surprise and delight on the Solstice to receive a package from Syne Mitchell! Among the delightful goodies was a towel (and what a splendid towel it is!) (details of Syne's towel will be featured when I finish my towel for her) All of this has made me remember just how long I have been blogging and how long it has been since I've written anything above and beyond the blog. Here is the last time I did ikat dyeing and taught a turned weft ikat workshop

So pulling the remaining threads together (so to speak), and using Syne's towel as an inspiration


I begin a new year of weaving.


Grace is chosen for the project.

The loom gets dressed.

But wait! I have a rush commission! So towels will have to wait (half-dressed) while Gary steps forward to receive an interesting new warp----

2 comments:

Syne Mitchell said...

Hey Bonnie,

Good to see you blogging again! I'm delighted that you're pleased with the towel. I was rather chuffed with it myself. I love how the plain weave drew the twill section together to be almost totally warp faced. And the colors just send me.

Love the look of the warp on Grace, too!

Unknown said...

I love this :)