Monday, August 24, 2009

Seattle Sachet Summer

This weaving is really going to be difficult to cut up! These will not be the only pictures of this cloth---just the first.


I can't begin to describe what the cloth feels like! Well, yes I can. It feels just like a cashmere sweater--actually like lots of cashmere sweaters.


Each color change represents a different sweater.

Oh, by the way, pictures were taken outside the Asian Art Museum in Seattle, WA. It is closed on Mondays so I didn't have to fight with any kids for a seat on the camel. When I first moved to Seattle, the camels (there are two of them) were marble. They were moved indoors and replaced by these concrete ones.

2 comments:

Margreet said...

Bonni,
Lovely colors! I can see the dilemma you are having in cutting this woven cloth! Just wish I could feel the cloth.....
Margreet

Dorothy said...

I love the picture with you peeping over the camel! It's gorgeous cloth, but wow, a pile of lavender bags made out of that is also going to look superb!