Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Peggy Osterkamp Does it Again!


Whether you are a new weaver or an experienced weaver, a weaving student or a weaving teacher here is a must have new book for your library! WEAVING FOR BEGINNERS (an illustrated guide) by Peggy Osterkamp

I can't say enough positive things about Peggy's latest book. It tells absolutely everything all wonderfully organized, beautifully illustrated and clearly written. For anyone who wants to learn how to weave, get this book. Weaving for Beginners serves as the perfect text book for teachers. There are hundreds of permanent classroom demonstrations students can refer to at home.

I found myself (after 50 years of weaving) saying over and over as I turned the pages---"Oh, that's how you do it!"

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks (grin)

Peggy will be signing books in the Cotton Clouds booth #417 and the Lone Star Room at Convergence.

3 comments:

Peg in South Carolina said...

I have 3 of her books and love every one of them. The price of this book, however, is a bit steep for someone who is not a beginner...though I suspect that there is probably much I can learn from this book.

Dorothy said...

Thanks for writing about this book, I've been watching and waiting for it's arrival, I love Peggy's other books. Now we have to persuade one of our UK suppliers to stock it.

Anonymous said...

Contact her directly, you might get her to ship to you directly. I, too, have her three other books. She used them in the class I took from her at SF City College. I see her occassionally when I want to show her a new piece that I have finished. She was one of my teachers and she is a good and patient teacher. Hopefully in retirement she may still be available for some private tutoring.