Saturday, May 24, 2008

First Pictures out of Coolpix

Between condo selling and apartment hunting, it's time to point and shoot.
These pictures were all taken at the same time using all the same auto setting. I wanted to get an idea of the kind of pictures this camera takes. I must say I am pleased with the color and detail.

Ball of recycled cashmere artfully decorate the condo.

I've moved the Gary Fireside against the wall to maximize the space. The warp is just itching to be woven though.

In case you thought I hadn't been weaving, here is what is on Grace. I've been weaving on it since Monday. The Woven Words: FLEXIBILITY, PATIENCE, LOVING KINDNESS (read from left to right, sort of) I accidentally inverted the first two words, so it really spells YTILIBIXELF and ECNEITAP and LOVING KINDNESS (with a little ikat stripe between each word)

These words were selected by my dear friend who began her second round of chemo on Monday. I thought I would weave my encouragement and support.

Anyone who would like to weave some healing words, please email me directly by clicking on "View My Complete Profile"

Ah, my Japanese Tree Peony in full bloom today on the patio. I was hoping I would get my camera in time to capture a picture or two. I have 12 blooms this year. I did have to prune off 5 of the buds (and a foot of height) when they painted the exterior of the building. I knew the extra height made the plant too fragile, and it was easier to wrap in plastic to protect it from the paint.

3 comments:

Peg in South Carolina said...

The difference really shows when you click on the photo and blow it up. Wow! If these are on auto, I cannot imagine what even greater pics you would get on manual settings.

Anonymous said...

Man, do I want to dive into that pile of cashmere!

--Syne

Laritza said...

Looks like you are having fun with the new camera. Lovely colors as always. I was going to ask you, do you use a temple?