Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Fabulous Conference: Part 1A

The Southern California Conference: Wildflowers of the Sierras was so much fun! Everything was perfect: comfortable accommodations, great teaching facility, extremely well organized, great students, tasty food available, soy chai close by, terrific guild booths, entertaining fashion show, breathtaking keynote speaker, fabulous exhibits, and exotic shopping. And they paid ME!

I have so many wonderful pictures, it was difficult to choose. I decided I to post in several parts because there is just too much for a single post.
My first workshop, Exploring Not So Plain Weave, was 3-days (18 hours) long. I sent out 12 different plain weave variations warps, and EVERY student arrived with a pre-warped loom! I sound surprised because I am told this never happens.

Students moved from loom to loom and wove a sample.

Here is the Easy Ikat sample warp just cut off the loom.

In addition to the 12 warped looms, there were several other work stations for students to sample the Easy Ikat process and some finishing techniques.

This is it for today, but stay tuned for tomorrow and Part 1B.

1 comment:

Erin said...

So excited that you're back! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!