Monday, September 13, 2010

Where's Waldo--er, I Mean Bonnie



As I fly back to Seattle (9/11) to begin the next leg of my adventure in moving, my mind drifts back over the first third of September. I thought having a laptop would change the way I kept my web log and kept up with my weaving business. However all the moving and change that has taken place in the past month (with so much more to come) made me want to slow down and use my time in Baltimore to just visit with family and be present in the here and now.


THERE AND THEN.....


THE CURRENT STATE OF MY POSSESSIONS IN PUBLIC STORAGE

One of the highlights of the Maryland vacation and the main reason for the visit was my Mom's 92nd birthday. I had a nice picture of her blowing out the candles, but it seems to have disappeared. You will just have to imagine as she blew out her candles---she made a wish......for me


I didn’t take any pictures of the fields of corn or tomatoes, but I more than made up for it in the pictures of the sunflowers. I cannot tell you what a blessing it was to be in the middle of unending fields of sunflowers. It was the perfect gift between moving my stuff into storage and hauling my stuff to Montana---the calm between storms. It was like being transported to another universe.

4 comments:

Kathleen Faulkner said...

The brightest sunflower in that photo is right in the middle!

Meg said...

Missed you here and on FB, but sometimes it feels so great to disconnect, doesn't it? I'm glad you had a lovely time with your mother, Bonnie.

Cate Rose said...

Glad to hear it's all going so well, Bonnie. My very best wishes as you move along down your road!

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, you are indeed the brightest sunflower! Are you moving to Montana? What is the reason for your move? Just curious. Keep your spirits up and all will be well.

- Martha