Monday, September 3, 2007

Weave Every Day, 4

I thought I would wow you (and wow myself) by finishing this piece, but it was a holiday weekend. I did manage to complete deadline #3 of 4, though, and I have been weaving everyday. I'm sorry the color isn't really good in the above picture. The detail is closer to what it actually looks like. Radiant!

I have to say weaving with this yarn is totally splendid. I love the look and feel of this 10/2 tencel. One of the great things about weaving ikat is watching it all unfold. Each pick is a surprise.

I think I mentioned that I am using 50/2 silk for the weft and the warp is sett at 32 epi. It is also a treat to use my 16 dent reed. For the first 20 years of weaving, I had only a 12 dent reed which seemed to work just fine. It may have been that I selected yarn that worked with my reed. Now that I have a 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, and 16 dent reed, I keep thinking I should have a 9. Funny how that is.....

No comments: