Saturday, September 8, 2007

Whidbey Afterglow

Pre-Ratatouille
As a virtual gardener, I am thrilled to display this picture sent to me by my very dear friend in Montana. She was in search of a ratatouille recipe which I supplied out of the Moosewood Cookbook.

I sure am loving this weaving! The only problem (and I am not certain this is really a problem) is I want to slow down and savor every pick.

One of my favorite things about Turned WeftIkat is the never ending kaleidoscope of painted and dyed yarn that dances along the warp beneath my hands. The threads create a symphony of color, and I am the orchestra conductor.


This is the beginning of a new project. At this stage, the only thing I know is I will need 16 colors. I also know I am using bambu 12, so I am somewhat limited in my color selection. I have 21 colors of bambu 12, so I only had to subtract 5. We shall see what evolves from this yarn.

No comments: