Monday, March 16, 2009

How I Fix a Broken Warp Thread

I take one of my handy dandy film cans left over from my kumihimo days, add coins to equal about 80 g., wrap a warp end around can, anchor with slip knot.

I pull one half of the broken end towards the woven part (below) and the other half towards the warp beam (above). Then I thread the film can thread through the now empty heddle and dent, and I lash it to my (can't live without) T-pin.

Then I just weave.

And the film can just hangs there.

Once I complete the weaving, I will needle weave the warp end so the two ends overlap for 2-3". I'll try to remember to take a picture of it before and after washing.


Peg in South Carolina said...

Hi Bonnie, I have a little surprise for you, if you will accept it. Go to my latest post to check it out.

Sandra Rude said...

And here's another hearty "congratulations!" for the RAGS award. Lovely work - and how nice to get the recognition for it!
-- Sandra

Iris said...

If someone doesn't have the nifty film canisters, you can use fishing weights and you can get them in all different weights. I'm goofy, so I paint mine with acrylic paint before I use them.