Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Success

"What is success?" asked Ralph Waldo Emerson, "To laugh often and much. To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children. To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty. To find the best in others. To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeem- ed social condition. To know even one life breathed easier be- cause you have lived; this is to have succeeded."

I found this quote in my inbox upon my return. It is even better than my definition of success:
"Success is the ability to not become discouraged between failures."

May we all have a successful day!

2 comments:

Ansley Bleu said...

Perfect. I hope you have a successful day too.
Ansley

Peg in South Carolina said...

I really like your definition of success. I especially like how it ends........."between failures."
How is the cathedral weaving going?