Monday, April 7, 2008

The Embodyment of Weaving Spirit

If you are looking to purchase a rug woven with tradition, magic and mastery, here is the place!

I accidentally erased this picture before, but I really like it.(both the picture itself and the fact one can see weaving signs posted along the road.

In the last post, I showed your Irvin's loom. This is Lisa's loom. It is set up in the main showroom.
In addition to rugs and hangings, they had a room full of these great coats. Looking back on it, I don't know why I didn't try one on. Next time, for sure.

I was so overwhelmed by the main showroom and my conversation with Irvin that I didn't get a really good shot of the space. There were piles of rugs everywhere, and the walls were covered with rugs ranging from traditional to contemporary designs all of which were filled with spirit.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I was just there last week -- buying placemats, runners and mug rugs at Cordovas', Centinenla, Trujillos and Ortega's. I couldn't resist buying something at every stop on the High Road to/from Taos.