Saturday, December 15, 2007

Onward and Upward!

It is quite a different look from the natural spectrum based Color Horoscope Weaving. I really like the look of it, but that will be nothing compared to the feel once it has been laundered.

A closer look.

I am in a weaving mode, so it is back to work.

I am often asked how many hours a day I weave. I am thrilled if I can ever calculate in hours the amount of time I spent a day weaving. A better question might be "Do I weave every day?" or "How many minutes a day do I spend weaving?"

In my advancing years and after 47 years of weaving, I find I weave for no longer than 15 minutes at a time. Then I stand up and do something else. Having 10 to 20 alternate tasks in process makes life more interesting. When I am weaving with a deadline (like now), I cycle back at least once an hour and try to spread that out over a 12 hour day. I can pull a piece off the loom (a 3 - 4 yd warp) in 3 - 4 days.

6 comments:

Laritza said...

I like the colors. What yarn/sett/threading and treadling are you using?

Bonnie said...

I'm using Bambu 12 (doubled) from Silk City. Sett 24 epi. straight draw tabby weave. If you want to know the color numbers of the 12 colors, let me know. Thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely beautiful.

Terri said...

It is always nice to see what you are working on. You take such beautiful photographs. Thanks for including close-ups.

Valerie said...

You are such an inspiration. Hmm..thanks for sharing how you get to the loom and get things accomplished "one bite at a time". I need to "digest" that kind of schedule.

Peg in South Carolina said...

I do weave in roughly 45-minute segments. But like you, my body needs me to change tasks during the day. There was a time when I worked from start to finish on a given piece before starting the next one. Ahh, so much for youth!