Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day

The Blog Action Day project asks the question, “What would happen if every blog published posts discussing the same issue, on the same day? One issue. One day. Thousands of voices.” The issue today is the environment. I came upon Blog Action Day when very recently I discovered a wonderful blog by Virginia A. Spiegel.Once you check her out, she will be on your list for sure.

As I searched through the hundreds of pictures to find just the right image, I was shocked to discover this is the only picture not related to weaving or food I have taken this year.

"September Morning on Whidbey Island" This beautiful magical island in the Northwestern USA is the home of many artists (sadly I am not one of its residents) who share a passion for the environment. When you visit here, it is like going back in time. Interestingly enough, I consider Whidbey Island to be one of several weaving centers in the United States. I wonder if there is a correlation between deep appreciation for making things and a deep appreciation for the environment?

And if that is true, why do I only have one outdoor picture taken in 2007? But on the other hand, Rivers and Tides is one of my favorite movies. And Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver is my favorite book of the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, thanks for the award! I'm hoping that I can find some sort of focus in the future. It's a work in progress. ;-)

I'll definitely have to put Animal, Vegetable, Miracle on my wish list. I adore Barbara Kingsolver - I'm currently re-reading Prodigal Summer & I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Are you familiar with Deborah Madison's cookbooks? In my opinion, Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone is one of the best cookbooks out there...