Friday, April 20, 2007

A Question of Kits

Part I: What constitutes the ideal "kit"?

Recently I have received several requests for a Color Horoscope Weaving Kit. Of course, I said yes. In reality, my kit (as it stands now) is actually what I provide when I teach a workshop. The challenge for me is to think of ways to make the kit as rich as spending 6-18 hours hearing me spout off.

I also realize that my experience in working from a kit is limited to sewing patterns. Whereas some of the instruction for Color Horoscope Weaving is general, much of it is specific and one of a kind. This presents a barrier to mass production and makes it so my kit would always be more expensive than the average kit.

If you have any suggestions, ideas or input please let me know (on or off the blog)
I am going to publish this now although I will probably edit it later today.

Here it is later in the day and an addition in response to a comment posted a few hours ago.

Part II: Could you please publish information on how to request a Color Horoscope Weaving Kit, what it includes, and what the cost of the kit is?

To request a Color Horoscope Weaving Kit, click the view my complete profile icon, and then click e-mail. (I can see there should be a way to make this easier, but things that are really worth it are never easy.)

As of this minute, the cost of the kit is $50. This includes a copy of the horoscope, a winding draft, and winding instructions. I am currently working on a page about choosing the best yarn for the end product and selecting which 12 colors in the most economical amounts. I offer email and phone support to assist in maximizing a successful educational and artistic experience.

The kit is a work in progress and prices are subject to change as improvements are added. In case you haven't seen my Color Horoscope Weaving Gallery, click here.
In case you haven't heard me interviewed on Weavecast, you're probably not reading this blog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tangentially related. Could you please publish information on how to request a Color Horoscope Weaving Kit, what it includes, and what the cost of the kit is?

I thought I had heard the kit mentioned during your interview on Weave Cast but couldn't find any information on your website.

Thank you

Bonnie said...

Will do. Thanks for asking. I will make it a post rather than a comment. I will include it in my website soon--ish.

Unknown said...

Thank you again