Thursday, October 23, 2014

SALT LAKE SPLENDOR



 WHAT AN AMAZING WORKSHOP! 

I think it was my very best!



                                        
 Everyone arrived with their horoscope warps on the loom and ready to go.
There were 15 students (my maximum), and what a great group of ladies!
Sadly I didn't get good images of everyone at the loom ("good" is the operative word here)




Usually one student completes their weaving, but 4 weavers completed their pieces during the workshop. The reason why everyone does not finish in the 3 days is because we are learning about Almost Ikat, Turned Weft Ikat, and Woven Words (3 workshops all at once). I will make another blog post featuring these aspects of the workshop, but my experience has been problematic when I try and download too many images. Yes, I know it is supposed to work, but all too often everything gets erased and I have to begin again.

So I am smiling just looking at the Mary Meigs Atwater Weavers.


And, of course, the class is not complete for me until I make a VIRTUAL QUILT from a series of "warpies" (kind of like selfies)--- I am so grateful for opportunity to present this workshop.


                                              

2 comments:

Ivga Stark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ivga Stark said...

If you want to get higher grades, but have some problems in writing. You might be glad to know about 1st writing service.