Thursday, June 5, 2014

WHEN YOU'RE HOT, YOU'RE HOT. WHEN YOU'RE NOT, YOU'RE NOT


It has been a mighty long time since I've done anything on the computer except for hanging out on FB and nothing much on the loom. Sometimes our journeys take us in unexpected directions.  So FINALLY I got out my purply and neutrally un-knitted cashmere and picked out 4 that worked for me. Better color below.



 To test out some beautiful yarn I got from Mountain Colors. (some months ago) Most of their yarn is knitting yarn, but there is this Weaver's Wool. sett 12 epi. This is my first test scarf. I am very pleased so far. Almost Ikat works really well with their space-dyed yarn. (well actually it is hand-painted.) I know this is true because I had the pleasure of visiting Diana and Leslie's wonderful dyeroom and observing how it's done.





I can't wait to feel how the cashmere combines with Weaver's Wool. I don't think this will be the only post about working with this yarn. I am taking it slow.





No comments: