Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Weaving Peace in Arlee--day 1

Today, after much preparation, my new Saori loom is up and running at the Hangin Art Gallery in Arlee. My plan is to share the weaving process with as many people as possible as I weave the word PEACE (in my woven words technique) in English, Salish, and Tibetan. The finished piece(s) will become peace banners for the upcoming Peace Festival held at the Garden of One Thousand Buddhas (just 4 miles or so down the road from here)

The Saori loom comes with a black warp already wound, so I decided to "spell" out the words in horizontal stripes. Above is the word Peace spelled out in Salish in the Medicine Wheel colors.

I keep saying, "If you can count to 4 and reach the peddles, I can teach you to weave in 3 minutes". And here I am doing that very thing.



Yes, it really is that easy.


By George, she's got it!

Now take a step back and let the weaving happen.

1 comment:

grace lovelace said...

oh oh you are so wonderful!!!!
this is just what i want to do!
grace in mexico