Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Silk Ikat Brooches at Hangin Art Gallery



The Killdeer Artisans Guild will present their Holiday Exhibit with an artist reception October 29th from 2-4 PM.

I decided to make some of my ikat jewelry. Below are a dozen brooches posing with a quarter in the lower left to give an idea of the actual size of the pieces.

I first started creating wrapped silk jewelry back in the 80's. Somewhere in the vast store of slide trays, I have many images of examples (to be scanned one day).

Each segment is wrapped in a manner I have perfected over the years.



I couldn't resist posing the jewelry pieces along with some of my woven images.


I can't decide whether or not the background adds to the effect or takes away from the piece.


Here they are mounted and ready to go. (except that I ended up taking the busy background away from half of them) I will see which ones are left over.


I only made a dozen as the space is limited in the gallery, but I am prepared to make more. If you are interested in purchasing these amazing little gems, please contact Hangin Art Gallery

4 comments:

buy dissertation said...

Thanks a lot for your overwhelming participation and appreciation of the different activities The post is pretty good. I really never thought I could have a good read by this time until I found out this forum. I am grateful for the information given.

luckmey said...

Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web site is so cool. I'm impressed by the details that you have on this site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. panerai replica watches

deer antler spray said...

An exhibit is a must for these cool art works.

sunnylove said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! Patek Philippe Twenty-4 Hours