Weave a Real Peace (WARP) serves as a catalyst for improving the quality of life of textile artisans in communities-in-need. I recently joined WARP and am preparing to attend their annual meeting being held at Spirit in the Desert just outside of Phoenix.
I have heard about WARP for years, and am finally going to see how my interests interweave with theirs. I can't wait to report back. I leave on Friday April 30.
Irene Schmoller, of Cotton Clouds and I will be rooming together and hatching some plans.
WARP's Core Values
- Textiles are an important component of the human experience.
- Providing support to textile artisans from communities-in-need gives them tools to shape their own destinies.
- Networking and sharing information creates an environment for constructive action.
- Making connections between textile artisans worldwide promotes positive social change.
- Interacting with people who have similar values enriches our lives.