Friday, March 5, 2010

A Wonderful Birthday Gift

This card was waiting for me when I got home from the most amazing NIA class I have ever experienced.

Dear Bonnie,
For the past six years the Olympia Weavers Guild has participated in the Puyallup Fair's Sheep to Shawl. This past fall we decided to use the information you presented in your WeaveZine article, Turned-Weft Ikat for our design inspiration and the multitudinous hues present in hydrangeas for the color inspiration.

We had so much fun wrapping and tying and dying that warp. Fair-goers were fascinated with the project and the finished shawl was quite simply beautiful.

Each year after the Fair we print up cards showing the draft we used, colors, and the completed shawl. Sine you were so much a part of this project, I wanted to send you a picture of the completed piece.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge so freely! We won first place!

Sincerely, Olympia Weavers Guild

Here is Tami modeling the freshly completed shawl at the fair---September 2009


This was the very first I had heard about this, and the news couldn't have come at a more perfect moment.

All in all, it was the best birthday I have ever had! Thank you all for your birthday wishes. They were the delicious icing on the virtual cake.

2 comments:

HSF said...

Do you happen to know which computer design program they used for the draft picture at the top of this entry?

Bonnie said...

No, I have no idea Hetty. You might contact the Olympia Weavers Guild. I'm sure they would be happy to tell you.