Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Amazing Memphis

I am sure this was my best Color Horoscope Weaving workshop ever. I know I say that every time, but they just keep getting better. I believe having students come to class with their looms all warped and ready to go is the best way. Since the workshop was postponed at the last minute from November (when I got the flu), it really gave everyone plenty of time to get ready.

I don't know why I didn't take pictures of the students at work. I just took a close-up picture of their weaving. When I returned home, I had to play around with the images and came up with this---a virtual Memphis class quilt.


And Kaaren even finished her weaving in time for me to actually take one picture of a student.


Everything they say about Southern Hospitality is true. The biggest surprise for me was that the workshop actually took place in Mississippi. I would have gotten low marks in geography. It did make me feel a little better when everybody I asked in Seattle "What state borders Tennessee to the South?" nobody knew the right answer. (grin) I also liked the fact that when it rained, nobody blamed me as if I brought rain with me from the Northwest.

The only slight glitch is the baggage inspectors busted the zipper on my (used to be) trusty workshop suitcase. I won't be able to use it again. But everything else was perfect.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh Bonnie...sounds like it was a wonderful workshop! Love the "quilt" picture

Holly said...

Bonnie -- there a great place in the South Center area that repairs luggage. Let me know if you want their contact info.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful collage of weaving, I love it.