Saturday, July 25, 2009

11th Hour

As I zip up my suitcase and put on my traveling clothes, I am once again amazed at the effort it takes to present a workshop on the road. If you have ever done it, you know exactly what I mean.

I am pleased to report the warp chains for the baby blanket are complete and will patiently await my return in 2 weeks. The yarn I was waiting for arrived yesterday, so in lieu of packing....


And I finished the Bambu 7 Horoscope Weaving! It is quite yummy. I wrote down the before washing dimensions although I am not sure where. Oh, here it is 24 1/2" x 111". As for the after, I will have to post it when I return as I have packed the shawl. Curiosity just got the better of me, and I just fished it out. 23" x 96".


Of course, I had to take a nice close-up. Bamboo is very drapey, especially the Bambu 7.


I won't be near a computer for many days, but I am bringing my camera and hope to have some wonderful pictures and stories when I return.

1 comment:

Breanne said...

Hey, thanks again for the strip from the woven horoscope - I've been assembling this board of inspiring things I like behind my new desk, and it made a nice addition. (Other items: lots of feathers, a bookmark from the Indian art exhibit at SAAM a few months ago, a holographic Jesus/Mary postcard.)

I'll be doing my own ubercomplicated packing in the next few days. Art stuff, St. Louis stuff, two laptops (!!), all the books I can eat... I'm going to need a footlocker.

Have a great trip!
breanne