Monday, December 29, 2008

Quiet Celebration


I received one of Syne Mitchell's temari balls! I was so excited because each morning I chant my mantra "No New Crafts- No New Crafts" I thought I would never have one if I didn't make it myself. I did break down and make the object above, however. A friend of mine taught me to make them some 40 years ago. What I like about them is that there is no take, glue, knots or any sort of fastenings. Very cunning.

In keeping with the holiday spirit, I made a "wreath" of recycled cashmere balls.



Actually, it is the weft for the horoscope weaving I have on the loom.


I'm about 2/3 done. It is really fun to change wefts every 12 picks or so. I can't wait to see it off the loom. I have made an extra yard to use for the woven sample in the kits.

4 comments:

Erin said...

That is a gorgeous new horoscope weaving you have on the loom! I love seeing your work!

By the way, I finished a little something for you! Check it out here! http://www.flickr.com/photos/eksrn2002/3136979195/

Cate Rose said...

Beautiful, Bonnie. Incidentally, I hope you do really well with the kits!

Anonymous said...

I've found a sister soul! I've been recycling fabric and sweaters since high school and it's so refreshing to see somebody else using recycled cashmere. I've used it in a few of my woven shawls and in some knitting. I usually use recycled silk for warp because it's so easy to come by. Your weaving is so lovely and I have enjoyed reading your blog since I found it a few months ago. I've even dyed my first ikat! Thanks for the inspiration. -Kristin

Bonnie said...

Thanks! I'll be cutting this weaving off tomorrow. I can hardly wait to show you (and me!)

I used to tie all of my thrums together and weave them back in. That was lots of fun.