Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Fabulous Conference: Part 1B

I love the fact that Silvia, the Conference Chair, was so well organized she was able to take my workshop!

True Confession: I have never woven on a table loom. This particular table loom by LeClerc seemed to be right handy (probably left handy too). A couple of the students had Wolf Pups, and they seemed really wonderful because you can use a treadle system to weave.

Here are 9 of the 12 warps. Sadly I don't have a picture of all 12 together before they were chopped up into samples. If you are wondering why the strips are varying lengths, it is because each student's concept of 5" is different:)

Students are painting a plain white glue (thinned down with water) between each sample. The glue dried in about 20 minutes, and then the samples were cut apart. I find this to be a tidy and easy method of sample making. Students created a work sheet to go with each sample and used double stick tape to attach the sample to the worksheet.

Success!! Students posing with completed notebooks.

Onward to Part 2: Woven Words

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Hello. I was surfing WeaveRing and came across your blog. Your converence sounds wonderful. Very clever idea to use a diluted glue to paint a cutting spot for those sample strips. I'll have to remember that!

Bonnie said...

Thanks Leigh,
I learned the diluted glue trick from a Seattle Weavers Guild member who always had the most perfect samples.