Sunday, November 1, 2009

Completions

Sometimes it take longer to complete a project, and sometimes it is worth the wait! And it always is a surprise. You can't even imagine the feel and drape of this blanket. It measured 44" x 104" before I put it in the washer and dryer, and 39" x 96" after. Bamboo and cashmere are such a surprisingly wonderful combination. I have to tell you that the dad kind of commandeered the blanket shortly after I took this picture. I didn't realize I had woven a Blessing Man Blanket rather than a Blessing Baby Blanket. (grin)

I thought I had posted a picture or two of the blanket on the loom, but I don't seem to see it. I won't dig anymore now, but I will instead direct you to my other blog: Inspired By Bonnie. I have 4 new posts there, they are quite interesting--especially the one using supplemental warp combined with Woven Words. Oh yes, the Color Horoscope Weaving done in 3 panels on a rigid heddle loom is rather inspiring as well.

Tomorrow I begin in earnest gathering supplies and packing for my 1-Day Ikat workshop in Bellingham, WA. I leave Wednesday. I am doing things a little differently. I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

What a cozy looking blanket. I love those colors.

QueenHeronCreations said...

Bonnie, that blanket is GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing!

Dorothy said...

I do love stripes, and these are lovely colours, I'm glad this commission is clearly well appreciated by the happy owners.